Followings are the syllabus and reference books for Microprocessor & Microcontroller.
Introduction to 8085A CPU architecture-register organization, addressing modes and their features. Software instruction set and
Assembly Language Programming. Pin description and features.
Instruction cycle, machine cycle, Timing diagram.
Hardware Interfacing: Interfacing memory, peripheral chips (IO mapped IO & Memory mapped IO).
Interrupts and DMA.
Peripherals: 8279, 8255, 8251, 8253, 8237, 8259, A/D and D/A converters and interfacing of the same.
Typical applications of a microprocessor.
16 bit processors: 8086 and architecture, segmented memory has cycles, read/write cycle in min/max mode. Reset operation, wait
state, Halt state, Hold state, Lock operation, interrupt processing. Addressing modes and their features. Software instruction set
(including specific instructions like string instructions, repeat, segment override, lock prefizers and their use) and Assembly Language
programming with the same.
Brief overview of some other microprocessors (eg. 6800 Microprocessor).cessors (eg. 6800 Microprocessor).
Books and Links:
1. Microprocessor Architecture, Programming &Application - Author: R.Gaonkar, Wiley
2. Advanced Microprocessor &Peripherals - Author: Ray &Bhurchnadi, MH
3. Microcontroller- Author:Deshmukh, MH 2/e
1. Microprocessor &interfacing- Author: Hall, MH
2. Fundamental of microprocessor- Author: Uday Kumar, Pearson
3. The 8051 microcontroller &Embedded System- Author: Mazidi &Mazidi, Pearson/PHI
4. Microprocessor &Microcontroller- Author: Krishnakant, PHI
5. Microprocessor &Peripherals- Author: Chowdhury &Chowdhury, Scitech
6. Advance Microprocessor- Author: Badriram &Badriram-MH
7. 8085 Microprocessor Programming &Interfacing- Author: N.K Srinath-PHI
8. Microprocessor-Theory &Application- Author:M. Rafiquezzaman;PHI
9. Microcontroller &Microcomputer Principles of H/W &S/W Engg- Author: F.M Cady-Oxford.
Microprocessor Architecture, Programming, and Applications with the 8085 (5th Edition) by Ramesh S. Gaonkar
8085 microprocessor questions | TechInterviews
Intel 8085 microprocessor architecture
Intel 8085 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Microprocessor Tutorials - 8085 Microprocessor Tutorial Resource
Welcome to 8085projects.info - Projects for 8085